Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review: Coppertone ClearlySheer products

Coppertone ClearlySheer

Okay, I am guilty of something: I don't wear sunscreens. I honestly can't remember the last time I used them, because I use them so infrequently. I know, that's really bad for the skin.

Why do I dislike sunscreens, you may be wondering? Well, first of all, I hate how greasy sunscreens tend to feel on the skin. I don't like that slimy residue they usually leave behind. They feel heavy on the skin, and they tend to smell really strong. I hate that "hey everyone, I'm wearing sunscreen!" scent they all have. Yucky.

However, I received some samples from BzzAgent of the new ClearlySheer sunscreens from Coppertone. These just may have changed my mind about sunscreens.

First, let's talk about the ClearlySheer "For Sunny Days" lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - this stuff is great, honestly. It's a lightweight lotion that absorbs into the skin super quickly. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't feel greasy or sticky at all like most sunscreens do.
I feel it would be perfect to wear underneath makeup for added protection.

Also, the scent - it's so light and soft, and barely there at all. Just a slight "clean" scent. No obnoxious Sunscreen Smell. Thumbs up!

Second, Coppertone also released a ClearlySheer Sunscreen Continuous Spray. It's basically sunscreen in an aerosol spray form. It's Broad Spectrum 50 and protects from damaging UVA/UVB rays, and it's also water resistant. It's a light mist, similar to a body mist. I love that it has a "locking" cap - you can turn it on/off so that it won't leak or accidentally spray itself inside your bag (you know what I'm talking about - I hate that).

The scent, though... I cannot lie to you. The scent of the spray is disgusting. It reminds me of hair salons - all those chemicals, ugh. It made me have a flashback of the time my grandmother talked me into getting a perm when I was 9 years old.  Have you ever smelled those perm chemicals? Yeah, that's how bad it smells. SO, I just had to mention that, because I know some people are sensitive to smells. Thankfully, when the mist dries, it doesn't smell bad anymore and leaves a soft nice scent behind. It's a nice alternative to slathering on a lotion, and it's perfect for tossing in a purse or beach bag for quick SPF.

So, if you're looking to start stocking up on SPF for the impending summer, I would recommend the Coppertone ClearlySheer line, in particular the For Sunny Days lotion.

Disclaimer: I received the items in this review as a sample from BzzAgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep things respectful! :-)