Saturday, June 15, 2013

Review: ELF Studio 144 Piece Neutral Palette

What is it: e.l.f. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

Where to get it: ELF website 

How much: Regularly $30, but often on sale for $15 or even $7.50

 This is my first-ever beauty review post. I hope to do many, many more. :)

Okay, let's be real for a second. I love makeup. I love makeup more than life itself - okay, wait, that was a bit extreme. But makeup is definitely something I am enthusiastic about; all the makeup junkies out there know the feeling. Makeup is just fun.


For my first product review, I wanted to talk about the ELF 144 neutral palette. I caught a great 50% off sale on ELF's website not too long ago (but honestly, it seems like ELF is always having some amazing sale every week), and one of the items I was most excited to try was this palette.

This palette is huge. There's something especially yummy about palettes, isn't there? All those lovely colors all in one place; it gives you that childlike feeling of being in art class. What color to use first?! Well, with this palette, there is no shortage of colors - with 144 different colors, you will certainly find plenty of inspiration for your makeup routine.







The 144 piece neutral palette features all kinds of colors to choose from - beautiful browns and bronzes, smokey grays, plums and purples, taupes, pinks and mauves, and some pastels great for highlighting. I love this palette because I can do all sorts of looks with it. You can easily put together a neutral daytime look, a dark smokey eye, or a shimmery purple or rosy eye. There's so much you can do with it.

It's pretty great for the price. I was able to get mine for $7.50, and let's be honest here, you really cannot find a better deal for that price. 144 eyeshadows for $7.50? It was a no-brainer. I had to have it.

As far as pigmentation goes, I think it has pretty great color payoff for most of the shades. Some of the shades do not have good pigmentation, mainly the matte colors. I just am not a fan of matte... I find the texture hard to work with. But the shimmery shades apply quite nicely and packs quite a bit of punch in the color department. I do recommend using a primer, just because I'm a primer kind of girl. I use a primer or a base for all my eyeshadows, not just for ELF, but any brand. I just feel like primer really allows the shadows to show their full potential.


Overall, I think it's a great palette, if you're looking for a budget-friendly way to try out a ton of different colors, give the ELF 144 piece neutral palette a try!



Disclaimer: The product(s) in this review were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep things respectful! :-)