Friday, April 25, 2014

Hawaiian Punch

Hawaiian-Punch-Gallon-BottlesTonight, my husband and I were grocery shopping, originally for just a few things like milk, bread, and fruit. Well, you know how it is, one thing leads to another... and suddenly, you're doing some legitimate shopping. It's never just "one or two things", you know?

I remembered we needed some juice - as we were hovering around the juice aisle, Mark comments, "look at all these flavors. Your dad would have loved this." I looked down, and saw what he was talking about. He was referring to the large jugs of Hawaiian Punch juice. My dad loved them, especially the orange flavor.

Suddenly, it was like a knife in my heart. Tears came to my eyes as I remembered.

I felt terrible because I forgot how much he loved those juices, and how many times we picked some up for him at the store before he passed away.

My dad passed away from cancer last year, in February.

Mark felt bad because I was suddenly so sad... he felt like he upset me and caused me pain. But no, it's a good thing for me to remember these things. I never want to forget.

I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep things respectful! :-)