Saturday, October 12, 2013

TIL: I Can't Do Sushi

Today I learned: I can't do sushi.

Nope. I've tried. It just isn't my thing. I have friends who swear by it, and my husband just loves it.

My husband hasn't had sushi in many years. Our town basically consists of fast food chains. So, when a new Japanese steakhouse opened in our tiny town, we were both excited to try something new. Today we decided to make a date of it and went out for lunch.
 
We ordered crab wontons for an appetizer. They were very good. Give me a plate of those and I'll be a happy girl. Then I ordered steak, rice,  and veggies for my meal, and Mark ordered a sushi plate.

He offers me a bite of some tuna something or other sushi. I flashed back to that time when I was a kid and tried it for the first time, and hated it. But I figured eh, why not step out of my comfort zone and give it another shot.

Yeah....no.

I totally didn't like it at all. The flavor completely turned me off. It was like my stomach clenched up and said WTF.

I can't go for that. No can do. 

I'm glad other people love sushi, but it's a taste I just haven't acquired!

But my steak and vegetables were absolutely delicious. And Mark loved his sushi. So it was nice, even though that sushi was slightly traumatizing for me. Lol.
Japanese food, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep things respectful! :-)